Office of Litigation Economics
- Ph.D. Finance, Ohio State University, 2000
- B.S.B.A. Finance, University of Florida, 1996
Fields of Interest
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Restructuring
- Corporate Governance
- Banks and Depository Institutions
- Financial Economist
Division of Economic and Risk Analysis
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Assistant Professor
- Visiting Assistant Professor
The Ohio State University
- Senior Manager
- Jan Jindra and T. Moeller, 2015, Target Financial Independence and Takeover Pricing, Journal of Financial Research (forthcoming).
- J. Jaffe, Jan Jindra, D. Pedersen, and T. Voetmann, 2015, Returns to Acquirers of Public and Subsidiary Targets, Journal of Corporate Finance 31: 246-270.
- Jan Jindra and D. Leshchinskii, VC Valuation, 2015, Partial Adjustment, and Underpricing: Behavioral Bias or Information Production?, Financial Review 50: 173-219.
- N. Boyson, J. Helwege and Jan Jindra, 2014, Crises, Liquidity Shocks, and Fire Sales at Commercial Banks, Financial Management 43:857-884.
- Jan Jindra, 2014, Seasoned Equity Offerings, Valuation, and Timing: Evidence from 1980’s and 1990’s, Quarterly Journal of Finance 3.
- N. Burns and Jan Jindra, 2014, Political Spending and Shareholder Wealth: The Effect of the U.S. Supreme Court Ruling in Citizens United, American Politics Research 42:579-599.
- P. Banerjee, P. Banerjee, Jan Jindra and S. De, J. Mukhopadhyay, 2014, Acquisition Pricing in India During 1995-2011: Have Indian Acquirers Really Beaten the Odds?, Journal of Banking and Finance 38: 14-30.
- S. De and Jan Jindra, 2012, Why Newly Listed Firms Become Acquisition Targets, Journal of Banking and Finance 36: 2616-2631.
- Z. Chen and Jan Jindra, 2010, A Valuation Study of Stock Market Seasonality and Firm Size, Journal of Portfolio Management 36: 78–92.
- Jan Jindra and T. Voetmann, 2010, Discussion of the Pre and Post-Tax Discount Rates and Cash Flows: A Technical Note, Journal of Applied Research in Accounting and Finance 5: 16-20.
- S. Djankov, Jan Jindra and L. Klapper, 2005, Corporate Valuation and the Resolution of Bank Insolvency in East Asia, Journal of Banking and Finance 29: 2095–2118.
- Jan Jindra and R. A. Walkling, 2004, Arbitrage Spreads and the Market Pricing of Proposed Acquisitions, Journal of Corporate Finance 10: 495–536.
- Jan Jindra and T. Moeller, Learning, Uncertainty, and Acquisition Pricing.
- Jan Jindra N. Burns and K. Minnick, CEO Compensation and the Sale of Private Firms.
- Jan Jindra N. Boyson and J. Helwege, Do Hedge Fund Fire Sale Disrupt the Market?
- Jan Jindra N. Boyson and J. Helwege, Crises, Liquidity Shocks, and Fire Sales at Investment Banks..
- Jan Jindra T. Voetmann and R. A. Walkling, Reverse Mergers: The Chinese Experience..