Office of Risk Assessment
- Ph.D. Accounting, University of South Carolina
- M.Phil. Accounting, City University of Hong Kong
- B.A. Management, Beijing University
Fields of Interest
- Earnings quality
- Corporate governance
- Managerial Accounting
- Visiting Scholar
Division of Economic and Risk Analysis
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Associate Professor of Accounting (with tenure)
- Assistant Professor of Accounting
- Xiaotao Liu, Xiaoxia Liu, and Colin Reid. 2018. Stakeholder Orientation and Cost Stickiness. Contemporary Accounting Research.
- Lan Guo, Theresa Libby, and Xiaotao Liu. 2017. The Effects of Vertical Pay Dispersion: Experimental Evidence in a Budget Setting. Contemporary Accounting Research 34 (1): 555-576.
- Yun Fan and Xiaotao Liu. 2017. Reclassifying Core Expenses as Special Items: Cost of Goods Sold or Selling, General, and Administrative Expenses? Contemporary Accounting Research 34 (1): 400-426.
- Xiaotao Liu, Arnold Wright and Yi-Jing Wu. 2015. The Effect of Internal Control Strength and Coordinating Versus Monitoring Controls on Managers' Misreporting Behaviors.Journal of Business Ethics 129 (2): 295–310.
- Mark Cecchini, Scott Jackson and Xiaotao Liu. 2012. Do Initial Public Offering Firms Manage Accruals? Evidence from Individual Accounts. Review of Accounting Studies 17 (1): 22-40.
- Scott Jackson and Xiaotao Liu. 2010. The Allowance for Uncollectible Accounts, Conservatism, and Earnings Management." Journal of Accounting Research 48 (3): 565-601.
- Scott Jackson, Xiaotao Liu, and Mark Cecchini. 2009. Economic Consequences of Firms' Depreciation Method Choice: Evidence from Capital Investments. Journal of Accounting and Economics 48 (1): 54-68.
- Paper presentation, 2018, MAS Research and Case Conference
- Paper presentation, 2018, EAA Annual Conference
- Paper presentation, 2017, AAA Annual Meeting
- Paper presentation, 2016, AAA Annual Meeting
- Paper presentation, 2016, EAA Annual Conference
- Paper presentation, 2014, Contemporary Accounting Research Conference
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org