Subject: File No. S7-24-15
From: Bret Dunlap
Affiliation: Public School Teacher

February 11, 2016

Dear SEC:
I am a public high school history teacher that invest primarily for my retirement, estimated to be in about 30 years. I became aware of this proposed rule change when I reviewed my short-term investment in an inverse leveraged Dixerion product. I am highly disappointed in this proposed rule change. When market volatility increases on the downward side I buy various Proshares or Dixerion inverse leveraged products. They have been very useful in protecting my retirement savings in August of 2015 and January-February of 2016.
I am not sure why the SEC has proposed these changes but my guess if that the government is trying to "protect" uneducated or under-researched investors. By regulating stupidity you take away my freedom my freedom to protect my retirement funds, my freedom to enjoy the fruits of my labors and my freedom to enjoy my retirement. You might be thinking that you are protecting 95% of average investors but you are also taking away freedoms from the other 5%. That is not the America that I want to live in and it is not the America that I live in and walk to the ballot box every fall.
If the 95% wants to be protected then let them vote for it in the fall - a heavy handed bureaucracy should not be making these decisions for Americans.
Thank you for your consideration.
Bret Dunlap