January 17, 2019
VARIABLE ANNUITY SUMMARY PROSPECTUS
1. Have you ever considered purchasing a variable annuity? : yes
2. The sample summary prospectus is divided into eight sections. Please indicate which two sections you found to be the most useful, and which two sections you found to be the least useful, in describing the variable annuity
b. Important Information You Should Consider About the Contract : Most Useful :
c. Standard Death Benefit : Least Useful :
h. Portfolio Companies Available Under Your Contract : Most Useful :
3. The sample summary prospectus includes a section named Overview of the Variable Annuity Contract. Does that section provide clear information?
If no, what other information would make this clearer? : I think it can explain the product better and how they are typically used.
4. The section named Important Information You Should Consider About the Contract includes a table. Do you think the table is clear?
5. The sample summary prospectus describes what you would pay for the variable annuity, including upfront fees and future fees. Was this description clear?
6. Variable annuities may offer optional insurance benefits that you can purchase for extra fees. The sample summary prospectus describes these optional benefits.
A. Does the sample summary prospectus describe these optional benefits clearly?
B. Does the sample summary prospectus describe the extra fees associated with these optional benefits clearly?
If no, how could we make this clearer?
Are the fees the current fees or the maximum fees? Can the fees change? (eg upon reset of a feature or if I elect the feature later?)
7. When you purchase a variable annuity, you decide how to invest your money by selecting one or more available mutual funds.
The sample summary prospectus includes a table of mutual funds that are available as investment options. Does this table provide the information
that you would want to consider when choosing mutual funds?
If no, what other information would make this clearer? Would you prefer to see the information in a different format (other than a table)?
explain how risky the funds are.
8. After reading the sample summary prospectus, how likely would you be to request the full prospectus for more information on the following topics?
Investment options (mutual funds) offered under the variable annuity : Unlikely
Standard death benefit: Unlikely
Optional insurance features (also called optional benefits or riders) : Unlikely
Fees (how much the variable annuity costs) : Unlikely
Mechanics of how a variable annuity works (how to purchase, accessing money, annuitization, etc.) : Unlikely
9. Is the length of the document:
10. How would you prefer to receive/read a document like the sample summary prospectus?
A combination of paper and digital
11. Do you have any additional suggestions for improving the summary prospectus? Is there anything else you would like to tell us about your experience with variable annuities?
Tell me what I need to know to make an investment decision on my own without the help of my financial planner. Tell me enough so I can do my own independent evaluation without jumping between several documents.