August 24, 2009
Force the short seller to borrow the shares before they are allowed to sell them. The limited amount of shares on the market will make it more difficult for others to Pile on before the information is actually verified. If the bad news is accurate, a free market will, on its own, sort out the real value of the security quickly enough.
Also I do think that the SEC needs to force the DTCC to get its act together in this area, and put in place tools that allow investors to see the historical record of the shares they are purchasing, by individual security number originally given out by the issuer. Data storage is cheap, and this technology is simple electronic bookkeeping of an asset. A security is an Asset that can be managed just like any other physical Asset that a company might want to keep track of.
And please do start to work just now, more time for comments is giving more time to all perpetrators of this crime so fatal for America.
1. Fake recovery of Stock Markets.
2. Fake and Counterfeit Shares.
3. NOt stock shares certificates delivered to foreign investors.
4. USSS, United States Secret Services working to detect why American Financial Institutions as GS is failing to deliver Stock Certificates to its clients.
5. The SEC and foreign Stock Market Regulators refuses to mandate an order to deliver the assets to the real owners, because of lack of regulation and agreeemnts betewn America and Europe. IOSCO refuses to mediate also.
6. Big squeezes in companies with a big Short Position to cover.
7. Eagletech case.
8. SSSU, RICO ACT.
THE TIME IS NOW TO FIX DEFINETELY THE SYSTEM AND PERMIT A FAIR MARKET TRADING WITHOUT FLASH TRADING AND DARK POOLS PLATTFORMS.