Subject: File No. S7-07-13
From: B. A. Petricoin

October 3, 2013

Allowing corporations to determine thier own methodology for identifying the median wage of workers (rather than using a prescribed methodology) will allow corporations to manipulate the CEO/Worker compensation ratio to achieve their desired objective. If anything can be gleaned by the incredible gap that currently exists between the top 1% and the remaining 99%, it is that top earners will do anything to maintain that chasm or widen it further. Real perameters which determine the actual median need to be put in place, not selective mathematics catering to the corporation's and CEO's will. Otherwise, what's the point in having a law which you can bend to the will of a selective few? It's embarrassing how this once great country has gravitated towards Plutocracy and is drowing our Democracy in the cesspool of greed.