EX-21 5 exhibit21smg930201910kfy19.htm EXHIBIT 21 Exhibit

Exhibit 21

DIRECT AND INDIRECT SUBSIDIARIES OF
THE SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO COMPANY

Directly owned subsidiaries, as of September 30, 2019, are located at the left margin, each subsidiary tier thereunder is indented. Subsidiaries are listed under the names of their respective parent entities. Unless otherwise noted, the subsidiaries are wholly-owned.

NAME
 
JURISDICTION OF FORMATION
GenSource, Inc.
 
Ohio
OMS Investments, Inc.
 
Delaware
   Scotts Temecula Operations, LLC
 
Delaware
Sanford Scientific, Inc.
 
New York
Scotts Global Services, Inc.
 
Ohio
Scotts Luxembourg SARL
 
Luxembourg
Scotts Manufacturing Company
 
Delaware
   Miracle-Gro Lawn Products, Inc.
 
New York
Scotts Products Co.
 
Ohio
   Scotts Servicios, S.A. de C.V.1
 
Mexico
Scotts Professional Products Co.
 
Ohio
   Scotts Servicios, S.A. de C.V.1
 
Mexico
SMG Growing Media, Inc.
 
Ohio
   AeroGrow International, Inc.2
 
Nevada
   Hyponex Corporation
 
Delaware
   Rod McLellan Company
 
California
   The Hawthorne Gardening Company
 
Delaware
      Hawthorne Hydroponics LLC
 
Delaware
      Hawthorne Gardening B.V.
 
Netherlands
         Gavita International B.V.
 
Netherlands
            Hawthorne Lighting B.V.
 
Netherlands
               Agrolux Nederland B.V.
 
Netherlands
               Hawthorne Canada Limited
 
Canada
   HGCI, Inc.
 
Nevada





________________________
1 Scotts Professional Products Co. owns 50% and Scotts Products Co. owns 50%.
2 SMG Growing Media, Inc.’s ownership is 80.5%.




SMGM LLC
 
Ohio
   Scotts-Sierra Investments LLC
 
Delaware
      Scotts Gardening Co., Ltd.
 
China
      Scotts Canada Ltd.
 
Canada
         Laketon Peat Moss Inc.3
 
Canada
      Scotts de Mexico SA de CV4
 
Mexico
      SMG Germany GmbH
 
Germany
      Scotts Holdings Limited
 
United Kingdom
      Levington Group Limited
 
United Kingdom
      SMG Gardening (UK) Limited
 
United Kingdom
      The Scotts Company (Manufacturing) Limited
 
United Kingdom
      Humax Horticulture Limited
 
United Kingdom
      O M Scott International Investments Limited
 
United Kingdom
Swiss Farms Products, Inc.
 
Delaware
The Scotts Company LLC
 
Ohio
   The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation5
 
Ohio





________________________
3 Scotts Canada Ltd.'s ownership is 50.0%.
4 The Scotts Company LLC owns 0.5% and Scotts-Sierra Investments LLC owns the remaining 99.5%.
5 The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation is a 501(c)(3) corporation.