SEC Form 3
FORM 3 UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549

INITIAL STATEMENT OF BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP OF SECURITIES

Filed pursuant to Section 16(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
or Section 30(h) of the Investment Company Act of 1940
OMB APPROVAL
OMB Number: 3235-0104
Estimated average burden
hours per response: 0.5
1. Name and Address of Reporting Person*
Blumofe Robert

(Last) (First) (Middle)
C/O AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
8 CAMBRIDGE CENTER

(Street)
CAMBRIDGE MA 02142

(City) (State) (Zip)
2. Date of Event Requiring Statement (Month/Day/Year)
05/15/2013
3. Issuer Name and Ticker or Trading Symbol
AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC [ AKAM ]
4. Relationship of Reporting Person(s) to Issuer
(Check all applicable)
Director 10% Owner
X Officer (give title below) Other (specify below)
EVP Platform
5. If Amendment, Date of Original Filed (Month/Day/Year)
6. Individual or Joint/Group Filing (Check Applicable Line)
X Form filed by One Reporting Person
Form filed by More than One Reporting Person
Table I - Non-Derivative Securities Beneficially Owned
1. Title of Security (Instr. 4) 2. Amount of Securities Beneficially Owned (Instr. 4) 3. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 5) 4. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 5)
Common Stock 8,368 D
Table II - Derivative Securities Beneficially Owned
(e.g., puts, calls, warrants, options, convertible securities)
1. Title of Derivative Security (Instr. 4) 2. Date Exercisable and Expiration Date (Month/Day/Year) 3. Title and Amount of Securities Underlying Derivative Security (Instr. 4) 4. Conversion or Exercise Price of Derivative Security 5. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 5) 6. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 5)
Date Exercisable Expiration Date Title Amount or Number of Shares
Restricted Stock Units(1) (2) (3) Common Stock 12,424 0.0 D
Stock option (right to buy) (4) 02/08/2020 Common Stock 14,704 35.42 D
Restricted Stock Units(1) (5) (3) Common Stock 12,236 0.0 D
Restricted Stock Units(1) (4) (3) Common Stock 28,232 0.0 D
Stock option (right to buy) (6) 02/10/2019 Common Stock 13,404 38.43 D
Restricted Stock Units (7) (3) Common Stock 8,469 0.0 D
Stock option (right to buy)(1) (8) 02/05/2017 Common Stock 5,814 25.32 D
Restricted Stock Units(1) (9) (3) Common Stock 1,554 0.0 D
Stock option (right to buy) (10) 02/11/2018 Common Stock 14,311 41.43 D
Restricted Stock Units(1) (11) (3) Common Stock 26,511 0.0 D
Explanation of Responses:
1. Each restricted stock unit ("RSU") represents the right to receive one share of Akamai common stock upon vesting.
2. Vesting of such RSUs is dependent on Akamai's achievement of cumulative revenue and earnings per share targets for fiscal years 2011, 2012, and 2013, and the amount reported reflects the maximum number of shares issuable.
3. Not applicable.
4. Vests as follows: 1/3 on each of February 8, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
5. Vesting of such RSUs is dependent on Akamai's achievement of a specified normalized earnings per share target for fiscal year 2012. To the extent such target is met, the RSUs will vest in two equal 50% installments on each of February 6, 2014 and 2015. Amount reported is maximum issuable.
6. Option vests as follows: 25% on February 10, 2013, and the remaining 75% vests in equal installments of 6.25% each quarter thereafter.
7. RSUs vest in 1/3 installments on the first, second and third anniversaries of the grant date.
8. Option vests over four years as follows: 25% on February 5, 2011, and the remaining 75% vests in equal installments of 6.25% each quarter thereafter.
9. RSUs vest in three 33% annual installments on the first, second and third anniversaries of the date of grant.
10. Option vests over four years as follows: 25% on February 11, 2012, and the remaining 75% vests in equal installments of 6.25% each quarter thereafter.
11. RSUs vest as follows: 50% on the first anniversary of the grant date and 50% on the second anniversary of the grant date.
Remarks:
/s/ Robert Blumofe 05/20/2013
** Signature of Reporting Person Date
Reminder: Report on a separate line for each class of securities beneficially owned directly or indirectly.
* If the form is filed by more than one reporting person, see Instruction 5 (b)(v).
** Intentional misstatements or omissions of facts constitute Federal Criminal Violations See 18 U.S.C. 1001 and 15 U.S.C. 78ff(a).
Note: File three copies of this Form, one of which must be manually signed. If space is insufficient, see Instruction 6 for procedure.
Persons who respond to the collection of information contained in this form are not required to respond unless the form displays a currently valid OMB Number.