WE ARE THE INVESTOR'S ADVOCATE
The SEC protects investors, promotes fairness in the securities markets, and shares information about companies and investment professionals to help investors make informed decisions and invest with confidence.
Happy 90th birthday to the Securities Act of 1933—the first of the securities laws. Ninety years later, the Securities and Exchange Commission is committed to investors and issuers alike and ensuring that the markets connecting them works for them.
Sign up for emails that will deliver SEC News direct to your inbox.
Protect Your Money!
Check out an investment professional's registration status and background at Investor.gov.
Investor Alerts & Bulletins
The SEC's Office of Investor Education and Advocacy issues Investor Alerts & Bulletins as a service to investors. Investor Alerts typically warn investors about the latest investment frauds and scams. Investor Bulletins tend to educate investors about investment-related topics including the functions of the SEC.
We Facilitate Capital Formation
We Enforce Federal Securities Laws
Latest Administrative Proceedings
- CREDEX CorporationMay 31, 2023
- RTW Investments, LPMay 30, 2023
- Gartner, Inc.May 26, 2023
- Lucille Farms Inc.May 26, 2023
- Liquidation World, Inc. May 26, 2023
We Regulate Securities Markets
We Provide Data
Check out updates on the SEC open data program, including best practices that make it more efficient to download data.
Money Market Fund Statistics
Our Investment Management Analytics Office released an updated Money Market Fund Statistics report. The report reflects staff’s compilation and analysis of data reported to the Commission on Form N-MFP.
Latest Data Sets
- This text file contains the Central Index Key (CIK) numbers, company names, SEC reporting file numbers, and addresses (business addresses are provided when mailing addresses are not available) of active broker-dealers who are registered with the SEC.Updated
- The data sets provide the text and detailed numeric information in all financial statements and their notes extracted from exhibits to corporate financial reports filed with the Commission using eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL).Updated