Interactive Data Viewers
The Rendering Engine enables investors to view the interactive data filings submitted under the SEC's rules that require the use of XBRL via the SEC website.
The Previewer provides the capability to test how an interactive data submission will appear on the SEC's
website when submitted via EDGAR; the Previewer is only a test mechanism and does not constitute an official filing. Once a company completes its interactive data
submission via EDGAR, the results of the rendering engine will be presented with the official filing on the SEC website.
There are three distributions of the in-production build:
- A personal renderer with a self-extracting installer (Instructions):
- A binary distribution for installation of a rendering engine as Windows services:
- The source code for both the renderer and services:
We suggest working with the binary distribution before the source.
We encourage users to use the personal renderer and the binary distribution and report any issues via Contact DERA.
Please include 'Rendering Engine 220.127.116.11' in the subject header of your email.
Recent Rendering Engine changes
- Data points that are not rendered are meant to appear in an "uncategorized items" report numbered 9999,
but this did not always occur causing some facts to entirely disappear. This case has been corrected.
- Reports with many rows could cause extremely long run times; some cases have been corrected.
- Reports containing a wide range of numeric magnitudes no longer inappropriately round off smaller numbers.
- Cash Flow statement report columns continue to be treated as before, hiding columns of short duration and few facts and mainly affecting fiscal
Q3 cash flow statements, but the filing summary log now includes a notification when this has been done.
- Each column not in an embedded report and not showing multiple currencies now represents a distinct period of time, and dimension members are displayed as additional row sets, not as additional columns.
- A fact in a context having dimension members will only be displayed in a report if its dimension members appear in the presentation group of
that report. Many filers already do this so as to ensure that dimension members are listed in the desired order; they will see no effect.
For filers that do not do this, an "uncategorized items" report may appear where it did not before, and filers can return to the desired
layout by adding to their presentation linkbase.