Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act
On April 5, 2012, the Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act was signed into law by President Barack Obama. The Act requires the SEC to write rules and issue studies on capital formation, disclosure and registration requirements.
Cost-effective access to capital for companies of all sizes plays a critical role in our national economy, and companies seeking access to capital should not be hindered by unnecessary or overly burdensome regulations. We look forward to hearing the public's views as we write rules that both facilitate capital formation and promote investor protection.
Frequently Asked Questions
Emerging Growth Companies (Title I)
- General Applicability of Title I
September 28, 2012
- Draft Registration Statements Required to Be Submitted and Filed Using EDGAR Beginning October 15, 2012
October 11, 2012
- Draft Registration Statements to Be Submitted and Filed on EDGAR (See also Instructions)
September 26, 2012
- Research Analysts and Underwriters
August 22, 2012
- FAQ: Confidential Submission Process for Emerging Growth Companies
April 10, 2012
Access to Capital for Job Creators (Title II)
- FAQs: Exemption from Broker-Dealer Registration in Title II of the JOBS Act
February 5, 2013
- Voluntary Submission of Rule 506(c) Materials
Crowdfunding (Title III)
Exchange Act Registration and Deregistration (Titles V–VI)
- Changes to Registration and Deregistration Requirements
April 11, 2012
Rulemaking and Reports
Eliminating the Prohibition Against General Solicitation and General Advertising in Rule 506 and Rule 144A Offerings
Amendments to Regulation D, Form D and Rule 156 under the Securities Act
SEC Proposes Rules to Implement Provision on General Solicitation and Advertising
- On February 5, 2013 the SEC hosted a Decimalization Roundtable to examine the impact of decimal-based stock prices on small and mid-sized companies.
Information for Investors
- "Outline of Dodd-Frank Act and JOBS Act"
Speech by Lori Schock, Director, Office of Investor Education and Advocacy
June 9, 2012