Credit Ratings Roundtable
In response to the staff's Report on Assigned Credit Ratings, the Securities and Exchange Commission held a Credit Ratings Roundtable on May 14, 2013, at the SEC's headquarters in Washington, D.C. The event was open to the public.
The roundtable consisted of three panels:
- The first panel discussed the potential creation of a credit rating assignment system for asset-backed securities.
- The second panel discussed the effectiveness of the SEC's current system to encourage unsolicited ratings of asset-backed securities.
- The third panel discussed other alternatives to the current issuer-pay business model in which the issuer selects and pays the firm it wants to provide credit ratings for its securities.
An archived webcast of the event is now available for viewing.
The SEC welcomes feedback on the topics addressed at the roundtable. Information that you submit will become part of the public record.
- Report to Congress on Assigned Credit Ratings
- SEC Announces Panelists for Credit Ratings Roundtable
May 7, 2013
- SEC Announces Agenda for Credit Ratings Roundtable
Apr. 23, 2013
- SEC to Host Credit Ratings Roundtable
Feb. 26, 2013