Job Title: Accountants
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Division of Corporation Finance, SEC is looking for experienced accountants to work in its disclosure review program in its Washington, D.C., headquarters offices. The Division’s mission is to ensure that investors have access to material information in order to make informed investment decisions both when a company initially offers securities to the public and on a regular basis as it continues to provide information to the market. In addition, the Division seeks to facilitate capital formation by interpreting and guiding companies in their compliance with the federal securities laws and the Commission’s rules and regulations.
Salary Range: $96,590 - $157,981
Promotion Potential: Candidates hired for these positions may be considered for promotion to the SK-14 level (salary range: $110,910 - $181,398 ) after successfully completing one year in the position.
Members of the disclosure review program review disclosures made in initial public offerings and by public companies in securities offerings, annual, quarterly and current reports and work directly with corporate officers, underwriters, public accounting firms and counsel, and other Division and Commission staff members. The work primarily involves identifying and resolving complex accounting and reporting issues facing public companies.
For more information about our filing review program, please visit our http://www.sec.gov/divisions/corpfin/cffilingreview.htm .
You must be a U.S. Citizen.
EDUCATION: Generally, applicants must possess a degree in accounting/auditing or related field that included 24 semester hours in accounting (6 hours may be in business law); or, a combination of education and experience -- at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge . The specific requirements are listed in the occupational questionnaire which is part of the application.
EXPERIENCE: Qualified candidates have significant experience applying generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and the related federal securities laws, Commission rules and regulations in preparing or reviewing the financial statements of public companies that are provided in disclosure documents filed with the Commission including, but not limited to, registration statements and periodic and reports; identifying, analyzing and resolving complex or novel accounting and reporting issues facing public companies; evaluating the disclosure implications of complex financing and business transactions; applying the relevant federal securities laws, Commission rules and regulations in reviewing financial-related disclosure filed with the Commission that is outside of the financial statements; providing technical assistance to public companies on the form and content requirements of financial statements and financial-related information included in public company filings. This experience must include providing up-to-date technical guidance related to GAAP and federal securities laws, Commission rules and regulations.
This experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors and at least one year of the experience must be equivalent to at least the federal GS/SK-12 level.
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant.
- Several of the positions we are looking to fill will be in our Office of Financial Services II. For those positions, applicants with recent experience as described above working with large public financial institutions and other public firms in the financial or banking sector.
- Multiple selections may be made from this posting.
- This position is in the bargaining unit.
- This announcement will close on September 30, 2012. Qualified applicants will be forwarded to the hiring committee every three weeks, the first of which will occur on May 23, 2012.
Ready to apply? Here are your next steps:
- You must address the required experience in your resume. If you meet any of the preferred experience, you are encouraged to address that in your resume as well.
- You must submit a copy of your CPA or transcript, official or unofficial.
- If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, you must attach your DD-214. For Disabled Veterans: DD-214, SF-15 and VA letter dated 1991 or later. For more information please visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx .
- Need help or more information? Contact Nicole R. Woodard at 202-551-7466 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click on the following link to begin the application process for this position:
PLEASE USE VACANCY IDENTIFICATION NUMBER: 655945.