- This position is opened to all U.S Citizens and is being filled through U.S Securities and Exchange Commission's Excepted Service Hiring Authority (ESHA). All applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements will be forwarded for consideration.
- Once the announcement closes, your application will be automatically evaluated by the system and a Human Resources Specialist. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your application and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
- Application procedures are specific to each vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in your not being considered for this position.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must have registered for the selective service. For more information, visit http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/selectiveservicerequirements.asp#icc.
- Probationary Period: This appointment may require completion of a one-year probationary period.
- Security Clearance: Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of employment or selection to another position.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS): Moving/Relocation expenses will not be authorized.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- You will be subject to a background/suitability investigation.
Information for veterans: You may be eligible to receive preference in appointment. For more information please visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Surplus or Displaced Federal Employees: For information on how to apply through the Interagency Career Transition Assistance program (ICTAP) see http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must meet the Well Qualified criteria of the rating scale for this position.
The Federal Government offers a comprehensive benefits package. Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp.
The SEC provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, send an email to DisabilityProgramOfficer@sec.gov or call 202-551-4158. To request sign language interpreting services for interviews, send an email to SECInterpreter@sec.gov at least 5 business days before the date you will need this service.
TTY/ASCII users should use the toll free Federal Relay Service number: 1-800-877-8339 and provide the SEC number of the office or individual you are calling. For more information about using the Federal Relay Service see: http://fts.gsa.gov/frs/tollfree.htm.
Note: To return to a previously Saved or Incomplete application you may use the following link: https://applicationmanager.gov/.
For this job announcement, the following documents are required:
- Your responses to the Occupational Questionnaire
- For Veterans: DD-214; For Disabled Veterans: DD-214, SF-15 and VA letter dated 1991 or later (if you are claiming veterans preference)