Looking Toward Your Future at the SEC
Quality of Work & Life
The Securities and Exchange Commission is at the forefront in leading the nation’s workforce in the 21st century. We believe in maintaining an organizational culture and work place that supports employees both at work and in their lives outside of the work place.
- Fitness Centers. There are two on-site fitness centers in the Washington, DC area. Health and fitness programs play an important role in improving the physical and mental health, vitality, and job performance of the SEC staff.
- Enforce the mission of the SEC virtually anywhere in the United States. Our 11 regional offices offer a variety of work locations throughout the country.
- Lifelong Learning. The SEC offers a variety of programs that foster training and development, both in computer based and classroom settings.
- Flexible Work Schedules. SEC employees have options for modifying the traditional work schedule.
- Transit Subsidy. SEC provides a transit subsidy to employees in order to encourage the use of public transportation.
- Health Units. SEC employees have access to health units staffed by licensed nurses offering a full array of professional services.
- Student Loan Repayment Program. In certain cases, to enable the SEC to recruit or retain highly qualified employees for hard to fill positions, assistance can be provided to employees in repaying student loans.
- Back up Child Care. Take advantage of several back-up child care centers when your regular child care arrangement is unavailable.
- Child Care Subsidy. SEC provides a child care subsidy for employees to assist them in their efforts to obtain quality daycare.
- Employee Assistance Program. Support and counseling are provided to employees with regards to their needs in both work and personal life.
- Volunteerism & Community Involvement. SEC employees are encouraged to become involved in community service through programs such as Lawyers for Children American and Everybody Reads Literacy Campaign
"I can't see myself working anywhere else. The SEC is a challenging environment where I continually learn new things. Working here gives me a more manageable work/life balance than in my previous job."
Cicely, Accountant, Division of Corporate Finance, Washington D.C.