Electronic Form ID Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to the Office of Filings and Information Services, Branch of Filer Support, Form ID frequently asked questions and answers section. The answers to these FAQ's represent the views of the branch and are written to assist applicants in the preparation of their electronic requests for EDGAR access codes. Applicants who are new filers must file a Form ID. Applicants who have a pre-existing CIK must obtain access codes through other options.
These questions and answers will be updated as necessary to reflect any latest changes. If you do not find the answer to your question here, please contact Filer Support staff at (202) 551-8900, Option 2.
- Question: How do I submit a Form ID to get access codes to file on EDGAR?
Answer: You must go to the filer management website.
(https://www.filermanagement.edgarfiling.sec.gov) After 'Press Here to Begin', select option from the menu on left hand side.
- Question: Can I submit a Form-ID in paper?
Answer: No, we no longer accept Form ID in paper by mail.
- Question: I wasn't able to logon to the Filer management website?
Answer: Please remember when typing the URL for the Filer management website type the "s" in the http (eg; https). This is a secure website.
- Question: I logged on to the Filer management website but didn't see an option which allows me to submit a Form-ID?
Answer: Please Scroll to the bottom and "Press Here to Begin" button.
- Question: If you haven't received email notification, how long should I wait before calling?
Answer: Please call Filer Support within two business days for verbal
- Question: If I forget my Passphrase can you give it to me?
Answer: No, we do not provide Passphrases. We do not store them in human readable format; they are created by the filer who is responsible to for keeping a record of the Passphrase. If you do not have a passphrase select Update Passphrase, create a Passphrase and submit. Print the acknowledgment screen. Write the CIK and name associated with that CIK in the acknowledgement printout, contact person name and telephone number, Printed Name of the Signer and Title of the Signer, sign and notarize the acknowledgement. Fax this authentication document to 202-504-2474 or 703-914-4240. After the approval of Update Passphrase, generate the replacement codes.
- Question: How do I print my code?
Answer: Push Cntl+ P keys simultaneously.
- Question: How do I get access codes for asset backed securities?
Answer: You must go to the EDGARfiling website (https://www.edgarfiling.sec.gov) Select Asset Backed Securities. Type in the name of the securities you are trying to create, the depositors' CIK and choose a Passphrase. This will create an 'abscomp' for filer support to approve. After Filer Support approval, you must go to the filer management website (https://www.filermanagement.edgarfiling.sec.gov) and select "Generate New Access Codes".
- Question: How do paper filers convert to electronic filers?
Answer: You must go to the filer management
(https://www.filermanagement.edgarfiling.sec.gov) and select "Convert Paper to Electronic".
- Question: What signatures are acceptable for authentication document?
Answer: The actual individual's signature or someone who has the power of attorney. For a company it must be signed by an Officer of the company or someone who has the power of attorney to sign on behalf of the Company.
- Question: Do I have to include the power of attorney?
Answer: The power of attorney must be included when someone has signed on behalf of an individual or Company. NOTE: POA does not have to be notarized.
- Question: Can I attach the power of attorney in PDF format?
Answer: No, you can not submit a power of attorney document in PDF format. The power of Attorney can be submitted in text or html format according to the guidelines specified in the EDGAR Filer Manual volume II or faxed.
- Question: What is the turn around time?
Answer: The turn around time is 2 days/48 hours from the receipt of the Authentication documentation.
- Question: Is sharing codes allowed?
Answer: Remember codes are exclusive to the filer (individual or company) no matter who is filing on behalf of the filer. If you use a filing agent your filing agent will need your CCC to submit a filing in your behalf. Please note however, that you should change the CCC after your filing has been accepted.
- Question: Do the access codes expire?
Answer: The only access code that expires is your password. The password expires annually (or 12 months from the time it is modified).
- Question: What happens if my password expires?
Answer: If you have your passphrase then you can go to the filer management website (https://www.filermanagement.edgarfiling.sec.gov) and generate
replacement codes. NOTE: New codes will replace Old codes.
- Question: What are Filer support fax numbers?
Answer: Filer Supports fax numbers are (202) 504-2474 and (703) 914-4240.
- Question: When choosing a Passphrase, what is the correct format?
Answer: A Passphrase must be 8 characters long and within those 8 characters, at least one must be a digit and one of the following characters: @, #,*, or $.
NOTE: All codes are case sensitive.
- Question: What is a notarized authentication document?
Answer: (1) For new applicant, manually sign and notarize the Form ID acknowledgement. You can either fax the notarized document to the SEC or attach it to the electronic Form ID application. (2) For Update Passphrase and Convert from Paper to Electronic acknowledgements, add CIK and name associated with the CIK, Contact information (Name, Telephone), Printed Name of the Signer and Title of the Signer, and a notarized signature (add a title if signing as an officer of company). (3) For Serial company acknowledgements, add CIK and name associated with the CIK, Contact information (Name, Telephone), and a notarized signature (add a title if signing as an officer of company). You must fax the notarized document.
- Question: How many days do I have to submit the notarized authentication document?
Answer: There is a two day window for sending the notarized authentication documentation.
- Question: Can I submit a Form-ID and authentication documentation after hours?
Answer: Our hours of operation are from 6:00 am until 10:00 pm (Eastern Time).
- Question: In the event of suspension/rejection, what should I do?
Answer: You must start the ON LINE Form ID process from the very beginning, and refax or attach (new Form ID filers) the new acknowledgement with the notarized authentication documentation.
- Question: What is required for foreign company documentation?
Answer: We will accept the equivalent of a notarized document or you may use a power of attorney.
- Question: Is punctuation allowed in an individual's name?
Answer: Punctuation is not allowed in an individual's name.
- Question: Is punctuation allowed in the company name?
Answer: Punctuation is allowed in a company name.
- Question: What exhibit should I use to submit the power of attorney?
Answer: The exhibit value for the power attorney is exhibit 24.