SEC To Allow Filer Stress Test of Modernized EDGAR
On Saturday, March 3, 2001
The SEC will open the doors of their modernized EDGAR system from 10:00 am until 3:00 pm on Saturday, March 3, 2001 to allow filers to perform their own stress tests of the modernized system. The SEC decided to allow filers to stress the modernized system based on comments from the filing community. Prior to moving the modernized system into production last Thanksgiving, the SEC had performed their own successful stress test on the system by passing almost twice as many filings through the system than their busiest peak hour. The SEC agreed to host this stress test to make sure that filers were comfortable with the new system, to give filers the opportunity to test any custom filer software that interfaces with EDGAR, and to further build filer confidence that the new modernized system will handle expected peak throughput.
The following criteria must be adhered to when conducting these stress tests.
- This test is open to all existing filers during the hours of 10:00 am and 3:00 pm on Saturday, March 3, 2001 only.
- Filings may be submitted to the Filing Website only (www.edgarfiling.sec.gov) using modernized EDGARLink (XFDL formatted filings only)
- Only test filings will be accepted (no live filings)
- Filers should confine their tests to typical peak submissions, to include ASCII documents, HTML documents, PDF documents, reasonably-sized graphics, and a variety of form types.
- Filing notices will be sent back to filers via email, just as it works today. Filers may also access the Filing Website for information about their filings.
- Filer Support will be available during the filer test period. Contact Filer Support at (202) 942-8900 between the hours of 9am and 3:30pm.
- No filings will be disseminated.