DRAFT EDGAR Filer Manual (Volume II)
This draft Filer Manual, posted before Commission approval of potential regulatory changes in this release, is provided as a service to our filing community to assist filers, agents, and software developers prepare for potential changes the staff anticipates. Since this is a draft manual, the SEC retains the right to change any part of the manual before the new system release is made final. In addition, the final EDGAR Filer Manual (Volume II) (Version 24) is subject to Commission approval and may be revised before approval or not approved at all. Similarly, the posting of the draft manual does not indicate Commission approval of any pending proposed changes relating to the potential changes reflected in the draft manual. The final version of the manual will be made available as and if approved by the Commission, on the SEC's Public Website.
Changes to the DRAFT EDGAR Filer Manual (Volume II) - EDGAR Filing (Version 24) are being made to update the filer manual to reflect changes scheduled to be implemented on July 22, 2013.
- A new submission form type, SD (Specialized Disclosure Report) and its amendment have been created on EDGARLink Online for filers to submit notices of disclosure under Section 1502 and Section 1504 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act relating to the use of conflict minerals and payment disclosures by resource extraction issuers, respectively. Filers may access these form types from the 'EDGARLink Online Form Submission' link on the EDGAR Filing Website. Additionally, filers may construct XML submissions for these form types by following the 'EDGARLink Online XML Technical Specification' document.
- Items 1.01 (Disclosure in the body of the Specialized Disclosure Report), 1.02 (Conflict Minerals Report) and 2.01 (Disclosure of payments by resource extraction issuers) will be available on EDGARLink Online for submission form types SD and SD/A. Form SD Item 1.02 (Conflict Minerals Report) will require issuers to provide the Conflict Minerals Report as Exhibit 1.02 in ASCII or HTML format. Form SD Item 2.01 (Disclosure of payments by resource extraction issuers) will require issuers that are required to provide the Resource Extraction Issuer Disclosure Report as Exhibit 2.01 to do so in XBRL format following the new Resource Extraction Issuer Disclosure Taxonomy. See Final Release Nos. 34-67716 and 34-67717.
- EDGAR will be updated to support the Resource Extraction Issuer Disclosure (RXD) taxonomy specific to Exhibit 2.01 of submission form type SD and SD/A. Please see http://www.sec.gov/info/edgar/edgartaxonomies.shtml for a complete listing of supported standard taxonomies.
- Form 13H filers can now use the 13H-A form type to satisfy both their annual and fourth-quarter amendment filing requirements. Filers will be able to submit form type 13H-A as their annual (13H-A) and fourth-quarter amendment (13H-Q) submission.
- For submission form types 13H, 13H-A, and 13H-Q, the maximum number of characters accepted by Item 1(b) has been increased to 20,000 characters and the number of broker-dealers about which Item 6 accepts information has been increased to 2000.
You may download the DRAFT EDGAR Filer Manual (Volume II) EDGAR Filing (Version 24) by clicking the following link. To assist filers in the identification of the draft changes, we have provided a redlined version of Volume II.