Pankaj K. Jain
Visiting Academic Scholar
Office of Markets
- Ph.D. Finance, Indiana University, 2002
- Chartered Financial Analyst, CFA Institute, 2006
- M.B.A. Finance, Indiana University, 2000
- L.LB. Law, University of Mumbai, 1998
- Management Diploma, Indian Institute of Management, 1995
- Visiting Academic Scholar
- Division of Economic and Risk Analysis
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Associate Professor of Finance
- University of Memphis
- President of the Board of Directors
- CFA Society of Memphis
- SBI Capital Markets (Investment Banking)
- Chinmay Jain, Pankaj K. Jain, and Thomas McInish, Short Selling: The Impact of SEC Rule 201, 2012, Financial Review 47, 37-64. [Best Paper Published in Financial Review in 2012].
- Archana Jain, Pankaj K. Jain, Thomas McInish, and Michael Mckenzie, Worldwide Short Selling: Regulations, Activity, and Implications, 2013, Journal of Financial Economics 109, 177-197.
- Ying Huang, Susan Elkinawy, and Pankaj K. Jain, Investor Protection and Cash Holdings: Evidence from U.S. Cross-listings, 2013, Journal of Banking and Finance 37, 937-951.
- Qin Wang and Pankaj K. Jain, Credit Rating Changes and Institutional Trading, 2013, Journal of Trading 8, 38-47.
- Mahmud Hossain, Pankaj K. Jain, and Santanu Mitra, Partial State Ownership and Bank Stock Stability in the Asia-Pacific Region, 2013, Pacific-Basin Finance Journal 21, 914-931.
- Ronald Spahr, Fariz Huseynov, and Pankaj K. Jain, Government as the Firm's Third Financial Stakeholder: Impact on Capital Investment Decisions, Capital Structure, Discount Rates and Valuation, 2013, Engineering Economist 57, 157-177.
- Sugato Chakravarty, Pankaj K. Jain, James Upson, and Robert Wood, Clean Sweep: Informed Trading through Intermarket Sweep Orders, 2012, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 47, 415-435.
- Sakshi, Jain, Pankaj K. Jain, and Zabihollah Rezaee, Stock Market Reactions to Regulatory Investigations: Evidence from Options Backdating, 2010, Research in Accounting Regulation 22, 52-57.
- Pankaj K. Jain, The Profound Effects of Automation on Stock Markets Around the World, 2008, Journal of Investment Management 6, 46-54.
- Andrew Ellul, Craig Holden, Pankaj K. Jain, and Robert Jennings, Order Dynamics: Recent Evidence from the NYSE, 2007, Journal of Empirical Finance 14, 636–661.
- Pankaj K. Jain and Jang-Chul Kim, Investor Recognition, Liquidity, Returns, and Performance after Exchange Listings in the Reformed Markets, 2006, Financial Management 35, 21-42.
- Pankaj K. Jain, and Zabihollah Rezaee, The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and Capital Market Behavior: Early Evidence, 2006, Contemporary Accounting Research 23, 629-654.
- Pankaj K. Jain, Financial Market Design and the Equity Premium: Electronic vs. Floor Trading, 2005, Journal of Finance 60, 2955-2985.
- Chiraphol Chiyachantana, Pankaj K. Jain, Christine Jiang, and Robert A. Wood, International Evidence on Institutional Trading Behavior and Determinants of Price Impact, 2004, Journal of Finance 59, 865-894.
- Discussant, 2013 FMA Conference
- Paper presentation (by coauthor), 2012 AAA Conference
- Paper presentation, 2011 EFMA Conference
- Paper presentation, 2010 AAA Conference
- Discussant, 2009 NBER Conference
- Paper presentation, 2008 NBER Conference
- Discussant, 2008 WFA Conference
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, 2012
- Florida International University, 2012
- Indian Business School, 2012
- Univ. of North Carolina Academic Forum on Securities Lending with RMA, 2011
- Villanova University, 2011
- Temple University, 2009
- Vanderbilt University, 2008
- Georgia Tech, 2007