K. Jeremy Ko
Senior Financial Economist
Office of Financial Intermediaries
- Ph.D. Financial Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2003
- A.B. Physics, Harvard University, 1996
Fields of Interest
- Behavioral finance
- Information and market efficiency
- Government policy and regulation
- Household finance
- Senior Financial Economist
- Division of Economic and Risk Analysis
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Assistant Professor of Finance
- Smeal School of Business
- Pennsylvania State University
- Visiting Professor of Finance
- McCombs School of Business
- University of Texas - Austin
- K. Jeremy Ko and Zhijian (James) Huang, Persistence of Beliefs in an Investment Experiment, 2012, Quarterly Journal of Finance 2.
- Yoon-Ho Alex Lee and K. Jeremy Ko, Consumer Mistakes in the Mortgage Market: Choosing Unwisely Versus Not Switching Wisely, 2012, University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law 14, 417-462.
- K. Jeremy Ko, Leveraged Investor Disclosures and Concentrations of Risk, 2009, Journal of Financial Markets 12, 368-390.
- K. Jeremy Ko and Zhijian (James) Huang, Arrogance Can Be a Virtue: Overconfidence, Information Acquisition, and Market Efficiency, 2007, Journal of Financial Economics 84, 529-560.
- K. Jeremy Ko and Jared Williams, The Effects of Regulating Penalty Fees for Consumer Financial Products, RSFI Working Paper 2013-03.
- K. Jeremy Ko and Yoon-Ho Alex Lee, Economic Models and Regulatory Remedies for the Problem of Consumer Credit.
- Zhijian (James) Huang and K. Jeremy Ko, Out-of-Sample Performance of Optimal Anomaly Portfolios.
- Paper Presentation, 2013 WFA Conference
- Paper presentation, 2013 Boulder Summer Conference
- Paper presentation and discussant, 2012 FMA Conference
- Paper presentation, 2012 FDIC Consumer Research Symposium
- Paper presentation and discussant, 2012 World Finance Conference
- Paper presentation, 2008 European Finance Association Conference
- Paper presentation, 2008 Washington Area Finance Conference
- Paper presentation, 2007 FARFE Conference
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, 2012
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, 2011
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst, 2009
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, 2009
- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, 2009