Ioannis (Yianni) Floros
Visiting Academic Scholar
Office of Corporate Finance
- Ph.D. Business Administration, University of Pittsburgh, 2008
- M.S. Economics and Finance, University of Warwick, 1999
- B.S. Economics, University of Piraeus, 1998
Fields of Interest
- Corporate governance
- Financing policy and capital structure
- Financial contracting
- Visiting Academic Scholar
- Division of Economic and Risk Analysis
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Adjunct Professor of Finance and Member of the Academic Board
- Zurich Elite Business School
- Assistant Professor of Finance
- Iowa State University
- Financial Analyst
- Accenture S.A.
- Ioannis V. Floros and Travis R.A. Sapp, Why Do So Many Firms Issue Private Equity Repeatedly? On the Information Content of Repeated PIPE Offerings?, 2012, Journal of Banking and Finance, Forthcoming.
- James R. Brown and Ioannis V. Floros, Private Equity and Real Firm Activity: Evidence from PIPEs, 2012, Journal of Corporate Finance 18, 151-165.
- Richard B. Carter, Frederick H. Dark, Ioannis V. Floros and Travis R.A. Sapp, Characterizing the Risk of IPO Initial Returns, 2011, Financial Management 40, 1067-1086.
- Ioannis V. Floros and Travis R.A. Sapp, Shell Games: On the Stock Price Performance of Shell Companies, 2011, Journal of Corporate Finance 17, 850-867.
- Matthew T. Billett and Ioannis V. Floros, Do Investor Identity and Contract Terms Interact? Evidence From the Wealth Effects of Private Placements.
- Matthew T. Billett, Ioannis V. Floros and Jon A. Garfinkel, At-The-Market Offerings.
- Ioannis V. Floros, Nandu J. Nagarajan and Shiva Sivaramakrishnan, Revisiting the Signaling Versus Self-Dealing Hypothesis in Insiders' Participation in Private Equity Placements.
- Ioannis V. Floros and Kuldeep Shastri, A Comparison of Penny Stock IPOs and Shell Reverse Mergers As Alternative Mechanisms to Going Public.
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, 2012
- Cornerstone Research, 2011
- Iowa State University, 2010
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2010
- University of Iowa, 2009
- RSM Erasmus University, 2008
- Baruch College, 2008
- University of Hawaii at Manoa, 2008
- Seton Hall University, 2008
- University of Piraeus, 2008