Charles J. Dale
Office of Chief Counsel
- Ph.D. Economics, Georgia State University, 1978
- M.S Decision Sciences, Georgia State University, 1972
- M.S. Physics, University of Georgia, 1970
- B.S. Physics, Kent State University, 1966
Fields of Interest
- Government policy and regulation
- Financial crises
- International financial markets
- Financial Economist
- Division of Risk, Strategy and Financial Innovation
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- U.S. Departments of Energy, Army, Commerce, and Treasury
- Charles Dale and John Zyren, Noncommercial Trading in the Energy Futures Markets, 1996, Petroleum Marketing Monthly, xxiii-xxiv.
- Charles Dale and Anthony Vignola, The Efficiency of the Treasury Bill Futures Market: An Analysis of Alternative Specifications, 1980, Journal of Financial Research 5, 169-188. Reprinted in Gerald D. Gay and Robert W. Kolb (eds.), Interest Rate Futures: Concepts and Issues, Richmond, Virginia: Robert F. Dame, Inc., 1982, 213-235, and in A.E. Peck (ed.), Selected Writings on Futures Markets: Explorations in Financial Futures Markets, Chicago, Illinois: Chicago Board of Trade, 1985, 319-338.
- Charles Dale, Brownian Motion in the Treasury Bill Futures Markets, 1981, Business Economics, 47-54.
- Charles Dale, The Hedging Effectiveness of Currency Futures Markets, 1981, Journal of Futures Markets 1, 77-88.
- Charles Dale and Rosemarie Workman, The Arc Sine Law and the Treasury Bill Futures Market, 1980, Financial Analysts Journal, 71-74.
- Charles Dale and Anthony J. Vignola, Is the Futures Market for Treasury Bills Efficient?, 1979, Journal of Portfolio Management, 78-81.
- Charles Dale, The Evolution of Global Exchanges.
- Paper presentation, 2003 International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Discussant, 2001 Washington Area Finance Association Conference
- Kent State University, 2010
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, 2002