Skip to Main Content

Municipal Advisor Registration Form


Municipal Advisor Registration Form


Municipal Advisor Registration - Form MA-T

A person who becomes a municipal advisor on or after October 1, 2014 is required to register with the SEC as a municipal advisor using Form MA and Form MA-I and is not required to submit a Form MA-T. The SEC's final rules for municipal advisor registration require municipal advisors to submit Form MA and Form MA-I using the Commission's Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval ("EDGAR") system. Refer to the Final Municipal Advisor Registration Rule and FAQs for information relating to submitting applications for municipal advisor registration.

Form MA-T amendments and withdrawals may only be filed through the Commission's MATR Registration website. They may not be filed in paper.

In addition to municipal advisor registration with the SEC, municipal advisors must also register with the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB). Information about MSRB registration is available at:

Last modified: Sept. 1, 2010