SEC Form 4
FORM 4 UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549

STATEMENT OF CHANGES IN BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP

Filed pursuant to Section 16(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
or Section 30(h) of the Investment Company Act of 1940
OMB APPROVAL
OMB Number: 3235-0287
Expires: December 31, 2014
Estimated average burden
hours per response: 0.5
  
Check this box if no longer subject to Section 16. Form 4 or Form 5 obligations may continue. See Instruction 1(b).
1. Name and Address of Reporting Person*
CHAMBERS JOHN T

(Last) (First) (Middle)
170 WEST TASMAN DRIVE

(Street)
SAN JOSE CA 95134

(City) (State) (Zip)
2. Issuer Name and Ticker or Trading Symbol
CISCO SYSTEMS INC [ CSCO ]
5. Relationship of Reporting Person(s) to Issuer
(Check all applicable)
X Director 10% Owner
X Officer (give title below) Other (specify below)
Chairman and CEO
3. Date of Earliest Transaction (Month/Day/Year)
11/14/2011
4. If Amendment, Date of Original Filed (Month/Day/Year)
6. Individual or Joint/Group Filing (Check Applicable Line)
X Form filed by One Reporting Person
Form filed by More than One Reporting Person
Table I - Non-Derivative Securities Acquired, Disposed of, or Beneficially Owned
1. Title of Security (Instr. 3) 2. Transaction Date (Month/Day/Year) 2A. Deemed Execution Date, if any (Month/Day/Year) 3. Transaction Code (Instr. 8) 4. Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed Of (D) (Instr. 3, 4 and 5) 5. Amount of Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s) (Instr. 3 and 4) 6. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 4) 7. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 4)
Code V Amount (A) or (D) Price
Common Stock 11/14/2011 M (1) 1,500,000 A $13.04 3,532,135 D
Common Stock 11/14/2011 S (1) 1,500,000 D $18.9812 (2) 2,032,135 D
Common Stock 181,745 I Chambers GRAT #4
Common Stock 164,485 I Chambers 2013 GRAT #1
Common Stock 227,856 I Chambers 2015 GRAT #1
Common Stock 254,964 I Chambers 2017 GRAT #1
Common Stock 330,000 I Chambers 2012 GRAT
Common Stock 45,538 I Child Trust #1
Common Stock 45,537 I Child Trust #2
Table II - Derivative Securities Acquired, Disposed of, or Beneficially Owned
(e.g., puts, calls, warrants, options, convertible securities)
1. Title of Derivative Security (Instr. 3) 2. Conversion or Exercise Price of Derivative Security 3. Transaction Date (Month/Day/Year) 3A. Deemed Execution Date, if any (Month/Day/Year) 4. Transaction Code (Instr. 8) 5. Number of Derivative Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed of (D) (Instr. 3, 4 and 5) 6. Date Exercisable and Expiration Date (Month/Day/Year) 7. Title and Amount of Securities Underlying Derivative Security (Instr. 3 and 4) 8. Price of Derivative Security (Instr. 5) 9. Number of derivative Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s) (Instr. 4) 10. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 4) 11. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 4)
Code V (A) (D) Date Exercisable Expiration Date Title Amount or Number of Shares
Non-Qualified Stock Option (right to buy) $13.04 11/14/2011 M (1) 1,500,000 04/10/2004 (3) 04/10/2012 Common Stock 1,500,000 $0 500,000 D
Explanation of Responses:
1. This transaction was effected pursuant to a Rule 10b5-1 plan adopted by the reporting person on August 23, 2011.
2. Represents a weighted average sales price per share. These shares were sold in multiple transactions at prices ranging from $18.87 to $19.09. The reporting person has provided to the issuer, and undertakes to provide to the staff of the Securities and Exchange Commission or any security holder of the issuer, upon request, full information regarding the number of shares sold at each separate price within the range.
3. The option vested as to twenty percent (20%) of the shares on the one (1) year anniversary of the grant date, and as to the remaining eighty percent (80%) of the shares thereafter in forty-eight (48) successive equal monthly installments.
Remarks:
/s/ John T. Chambers by Evan Sloves, Attorney-in-Fact 11/16/2011
** Signature of Reporting Person Date
Reminder: Report on a separate line for each class of securities beneficially owned directly or indirectly.
* If the form is filed by more than one reporting person, see Instruction 4 (b)(v).
** Intentional misstatements or omissions of facts constitute Federal Criminal Violations See 18 U.S.C. 1001 and 15 U.S.C. 78ff(a).
Note: File three copies of this Form, one of which must be manually signed. If space is insufficient, see Instruction 6 for procedure.
Persons who respond to the collection of information contained in this form are not required to respond unless the form displays a currently valid OMB Number.