SEC Form 4
FORM 4 UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549

STATEMENT OF CHANGES IN BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP

Filed pursuant to Section 16(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
or Section 30(h) of the Investment Company Act of 1940
OMB APPROVAL
OMB Number: 3235-0287
Expires: December 31, 2014
Estimated average burden
hours per response: 0.5
  
Check this box if no longer subject to Section 16. Form 4 or Form 5 obligations may continue. See Instruction 1(b).
1. Name and Address of Reporting Person*
Schmid Terrence J.

(Last) (First) (Middle)
C/O IMPERVA, INC.
3400 BRIDGE PARKWAY, SUITE 200

(Street)
REDWOOD SHORES CA 94065

(City) (State) (Zip)
2. Issuer Name and Ticker or Trading Symbol
IMPERVA INC [ IMPV ]
5. Relationship of Reporting Person(s) to Issuer
(Check all applicable)
Director 10% Owner
X Officer (give title below) Other (specify below)
Chief Financial Officer
3. Date of Earliest Transaction (Month/Day/Year)
08/21/2014
4. If Amendment, Date of Original Filed (Month/Day/Year)
6. Individual or Joint/Group Filing (Check Applicable Line)
X Form filed by One Reporting Person
Form filed by More than One Reporting Person
Table I - Non-Derivative Securities Acquired, Disposed of, or Beneficially Owned
1. Title of Security (Instr. 3) 2. Transaction Date (Month/Day/Year) 2A. Deemed Execution Date, if any (Month/Day/Year) 3. Transaction Code (Instr. 8) 4. Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed Of (D) (Instr. 3, 4 and 5) 5. Amount of Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s) (Instr. 3 and 4) 6. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 4) 7. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 4)
Code V Amount (A) or (D) Price
Common Stock 08/21/2014 M 15,000 A $3.7 18,437 D
Common Stock 08/21/2014 S 15,000 D $29.07 (1) 3,437 D
Table II - Derivative Securities Acquired, Disposed of, or Beneficially Owned
(e.g., puts, calls, warrants, options, convertible securities)
1. Title of Derivative Security (Instr. 3) 2. Conversion or Exercise Price of Derivative Security 3. Transaction Date (Month/Day/Year) 3A. Deemed Execution Date, if any (Month/Day/Year) 4. Transaction Code (Instr. 8) 5. Number of Derivative Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed of (D) (Instr. 3, 4 and 5) 6. Date Exercisable and Expiration Date (Month/Day/Year) 7. Title and Amount of Securities Underlying Derivative Security (Instr. 3 and 4) 8. Price of Derivative Security (Instr. 5) 9. Number of derivative Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s) (Instr. 4) 10. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 4) 11. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 4)
Code V (A) (D) Date Exercisable Expiration Date Title Amount or Number of Shares
Employee Stock Option (right to buy) $3.7 08/21/2014 M 15,000 (2) 11/17/2020 Common Stock 15,000 $0.00 23,000 D
Explanation of Responses:
1. Represents a weighted average sales price per share. These shares were sold in multiple transactions at prices ranging from $29.00 to $29.125. The Reporting Person has provided to the Issuer, and undertakes to provide to the staff of the Securities and Exchange Commission or any security holder of the Issuer, upon request, full information regarding the number of shares sold at each separate price within the range.
2. This Stock Option vests over four years of continuous service as follows: 25% of the underlying shares vest one year following the vesting commencement date of November 1, 2010, with the remaining 75% vesting in equal quarterly installments over the next three years. This Stock Option is subject to accelerated vesting in the event of a termination of employment of the Reporting Person under certain circumstances following a change in control of the Issuer.
Remarks:
/s/ Tram Phi, Attorney-in-Fact 08/22/2014
** Signature of Reporting Person Date
Reminder: Report on a separate line for each class of securities beneficially owned directly or indirectly.
* If the form is filed by more than one reporting person, see Instruction 4 (b)(v).
** Intentional misstatements or omissions of facts constitute Federal Criminal Violations See 18 U.S.C. 1001 and 15 U.S.C. 78ff(a).
Note: File three copies of this Form, one of which must be manually signed. If space is insufficient, see Instruction 6 for procedure.
Persons who respond to the collection of information contained in this form are not required to respond unless the form displays a currently valid OMB Number.