SEC Form 4
FORM 4 UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549

STATEMENT OF CHANGES IN BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP

Filed pursuant to Section 16(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
or Section 30(h) of the Investment Company Act of 1940
OMB APPROVAL
OMB Number: 3235-0287
Expires: December 31, 2014
Estimated average burden
hours per response: 0.5
  
Check this box if no longer subject to Section 16. Form 4 or Form 5 obligations may continue. See Instruction 1(b).
1. Name and Address of Reporting Person*
LONGENECKER JOHN P PHD

(Last) (First) (Middle)
C/O PACIRA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC.
10450 SCIENCE CENTER DRIVE

(Street)
SAN DIEGO CA 92121

(City) (State) (Zip)
2. Issuer Name and Ticker or Trading Symbol
Pacira Pharmaceuticals, Inc. [ PCRX ]
5. Relationship of Reporting Person(s) to Issuer
(Check all applicable)
X Director 10% Owner
Officer (give title below) Other (specify below)
3. Date of Earliest Transaction (Month/Day/Year)
12/30/2013
4. If Amendment, Date of Original Filed (Month/Day/Year)
6. Individual or Joint/Group Filing (Check Applicable Line)
X Form filed by One Reporting Person
Form filed by More than One Reporting Person
Table I - Non-Derivative Securities Acquired, Disposed of, or Beneficially Owned
1. Title of Security (Instr. 3) 2. Transaction Date (Month/Day/Year) 2A. Deemed Execution Date, if any (Month/Day/Year) 3. Transaction Code (Instr. 8) 4. Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed Of (D) (Instr. 3, 4 and 5) 5. Amount of Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s) (Instr. 3 and 4) 6. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 4) 7. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 4)
Code V Amount (A) or (D) Price
Common Stock 12/30/2013 M 581 A $1.61 581 D
Common Stock 12/30/2013 M 1,345 A $1.61 1,926 D
Common Stock 12/30/2013 M 574 A $1.61 2,500 D
Common Stock 12/30/2013 S (1) 2,500 D $55.55 0 D
Table II - Derivative Securities Acquired, Disposed of, or Beneficially Owned
(e.g., puts, calls, warrants, options, convertible securities)
1. Title of Derivative Security (Instr. 3) 2. Conversion or Exercise Price of Derivative Security 3. Transaction Date (Month/Day/Year) 3A. Deemed Execution Date, if any (Month/Day/Year) 4. Transaction Code (Instr. 8) 5. Number of Derivative Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed of (D) (Instr. 3, 4 and 5) 6. Date Exercisable and Expiration Date (Month/Day/Year) 7. Title and Amount of Securities Underlying Derivative Security (Instr. 3 and 4) 8. Price of Derivative Security (Instr. 5) 9. Number of derivative Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s) (Instr. 4) 10. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 4) 11. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 4)
Code V (A) (D) Date Exercisable Expiration Date Title Amount or Number of Shares
Stock Option (right to buy) $1.61 12/30/2013 M 581 (2) 09/02/2020 Common Stock 581 $0 872 D
Stock Option (right to buy) $1.61 12/30/2013 M 1,345 (3) 09/02/2020 Common Stock 1,345 $0 0 D
Stock Option (right to buy) $1.61 12/30/2013 M 574 (4) 09/02/2020 Common Stock 574 $0 6,864 D
Explanation of Responses:
1. The sales reported in this Form 4 were effected pursuant to a Rule 10b5-1 trading plan previously adopted by the reporting person in accordance with Rule 10b5-1 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
2. The option vested as to 25% of the options on September 2, 2011 and vests as to the remaining options in successive equal monthly installments for the subsequent 36 months. The options became exercisable, to the extent vested, from and after the Issuer's initial public offering.
3. The option vested as to 50% of the options upon the first anniversary of the Issuer's initial public offering and as to the remaining 50% of the options upon the second anniversary of the Issuer's initial public offering. The options became exercisable, to the extent vested, from and after the Issuer's initial public offering.
4. The option vested as to 75% of the options on September 2, 2010 and vested as to the remaining 25% of the options in successive equal monthly installments for the subsequent 12 months. The options became exercisable, to the extent vested, from and after the Issuer's initial public offering.
/s/ James Scibetta, attorney-in-fact 01/02/2014
** Signature of Reporting Person Date
Reminder: Report on a separate line for each class of securities beneficially owned directly or indirectly.
* If the form is filed by more than one reporting person, see Instruction 4 (b)(v).
** Intentional misstatements or omissions of facts constitute Federal Criminal Violations See 18 U.S.C. 1001 and 15 U.S.C. 78ff(a).
Note: File three copies of this Form, one of which must be manually signed. If space is insufficient, see Instruction 6 for procedure.
Persons who respond to the collection of information contained in this form are not required to respond unless the form displays a currently valid OMB Number.