SEC Form 4
FORM 4 UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549

STATEMENT OF CHANGES IN BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP

Filed pursuant to Section 16(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
or Section 30(h) of the Investment Company Act of 1940
OMB APPROVAL
OMB Number: 3235-0287
Estimated average burden
hours per response: 0.5
  
Check this box if no longer subject to Section 16. Form 4 or Form 5 obligations may continue. See Instruction 1(b).
1. Name and Address of Reporting Person*
Whittle John

(Last) (First) (Middle)
C/O FORTINET, INC.
899 KIFER ROAD

(Street)
SUNNYVALE CA 94086

(City) (State) (Zip)
2. Issuer Name and Ticker or Trading Symbol
FORTINET INC [ FTNT ]
5. Relationship of Reporting Person(s) to Issuer
(Check all applicable)
Director 10% Owner
X Officer (give title below) Other (specify below)
VP CorpDev&Strat Alliance, GC
3. Date of Earliest Transaction (Month/Day/Year)
11/01/2015
4. If Amendment, Date of Original Filed (Month/Day/Year)
6. Individual or Joint/Group Filing (Check Applicable Line)
X Form filed by One Reporting Person
Form filed by More than One Reporting Person
Table I - Non-Derivative Securities Acquired, Disposed of, or Beneficially Owned
1. Title of Security (Instr. 3) 2. Transaction Date (Month/Day/Year) 2A. Deemed Execution Date, if any (Month/Day/Year) 3. Transaction Code (Instr. 8) 4. Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed Of (D) (Instr. 3, 4 and 5) 5. Amount of Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s) (Instr. 3 and 4) 6. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 4) 7. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 4)
Code V Amount (A) or (D) Price
Common Stock 11/01/2015 M (1) 625 A $0 625 D
Common Stock 11/01/2015 M (2) 2,187 A $0 2,812 D
Common Stock 11/01/2015 M (3) 2,500 A $0 5,312 D
Common Stock 11/01/2015 F (4) 2,774 D $34.36 (5) 2,538 D
Common Stock 11/02/2015 S (6) 1,343 (7) D $34.7095 (8) 1,195 D
Common Stock 11/03/2015 S (6) 1,195 D $35 0 D
Table II - Derivative Securities Acquired, Disposed of, or Beneficially Owned
(e.g., puts, calls, warrants, options, convertible securities)
1. Title of Derivative Security (Instr. 3) 2. Conversion or Exercise Price of Derivative Security 3. Transaction Date (Month/Day/Year) 3A. Deemed Execution Date, if any (Month/Day/Year) 4. Transaction Code (Instr. 8) 5. Number of Derivative Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed of (D) (Instr. 3, 4 and 5) 6. Date Exercisable and Expiration Date (Month/Day/Year) 7. Title and Amount of Securities Underlying Derivative Security (Instr. 3 and 4) 8. Price of Derivative Security (Instr. 5) 9. Number of derivative Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s) (Instr. 4) 10. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 4) 11. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 4)
Code V (A) (D) Date Exercisable Expiration Date Title Amount or Number of Shares
Restricted Stock Units $0 (9) 11/01/2015 M (1) 625 (10) (10) Common Stock 625 $0 1,875 D
Restricted Stock Units $0 (9) 11/01/2015 M (2) 2,187 (11) (11) Common Stock 2,187 $0 10,938 D
Restricted Stock Units $0 (9) 11/01/2015 M (3) 2,500 (12) (12) Common Stock 2,500 $0 22,500 D
Explanation of Responses:
1. Vesting of restricted stock units ("RSUs") granted to the Reporting Person on August 8, 2012.
2. Vesting of RSUs granted to the Reporting Person on February 13, 2013.
3. Vesting of RSUs granted to the Reporting Person on February 12, 2014.
4. Exempt transaction pursuant to Section 16b-3(e) - payment of exercise price or tax liability by delivering or withholding securities incident to the receipt, exercise or vesting of a security issued in accordance with Rule 16b-3. All of the shares reported as disposed of on this line were relinquished by the Reporting Person and cancelled by the Issuer in exchange for the Issuer's agreement to pay federal and state tax withholding obligations of the Reporting Person resulting from the vesting of RSUs.
5. The price per share was based on the fair market value of the Issuer's common stock on the vesting and release date, which, because such date was a Sunday, was the NASDAQ closing price on the last trading date immediately preceding the vesting and release date.
6. The sales reported on this Form 4 were effected pursuant to a Rule 10b5-1 trading plan adopted by the Reporting Person on February 24, 2015.
7. Represents the aggregate of sales effected on the same day at different prices.
8. Represents the weighted average sales price per share. The shares sold at prices ranging from $34.47 to $34.82 per share. Full information regarding the number of shares sold at each price shall be provided upon request to the staff of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the Issuer, or a security holder of the Issuer.
9. Each RSU represents a contingent right to receive one share of the Issuer's common stock.
10. 25% of the RSUs vested on August 1, 2013, then the remaining 75% of the RSUs vest in equal installments on each quarterly anniversary thereafter, until such time as the RSUs are 100% vested, subject to the continuing employment of the Reporting Person on each vesting date. Shares of the Issuer's common stock will be delivered to the Reporting Person upon vesting.
11. 25% of the RSUs vested on February 1, 2014, then the remaining 75% of the RSUs vest in equal installments on each quarterly anniversary thereafter, until such time as the RSUs are 100% vested, subject to the continuing service of the Reporting Person on each vesting date. Shares of the Issuer's common stock will be delivered to the Reporting Person upon vesting.
12. 25% of the RSUs vest on February 1, 2015, then the remaining 75% of the RSUs vest in equal installments on each quarterly anniversary thereafter, until such time as the RSUs are 100% vested, subject to the continuing employment of the Reporting Person on each vesting date. Shares of the Issuer's common stock will be delivered to the Reporting Person upon vesting.
Remarks:
/s/ John Whittle 11/03/2015
** Signature of Reporting Person Date
Reminder: Report on a separate line for each class of securities beneficially owned directly or indirectly.
* If the form is filed by more than one reporting person, see Instruction 4 (b)(v).
** Intentional misstatements or omissions of facts constitute Federal Criminal Violations See 18 U.S.C. 1001 and 15 U.S.C. 78ff(a).
Note: File three copies of this Form, one of which must be manually signed. If space is insufficient, see Instruction 6 for procedure.
Persons who respond to the collection of information contained in this form are not required to respond unless the form displays a currently valid OMB Number.